Friday, June 20, 2008

Eliot stole my thunder!

Damn! I was hoping I would be the first to say, "Why didn't we think of this earlier?!"

I'm terribly sad to think that in just short 8 weeks we will be all done with our little (read "big") adventure. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. Our time together has been so enjoyable/inspiring/laughter inducing! Eliot...as "graduates" of the program, will we get a free pass to sit in on the next round of classes? I think we should be installed as the elder stateswomen of UpStream! we could be like the jedi roundtable thing in star wars! I want to be yoda!

By the way, Errol Morris' "Standard Operating Procedure" opens today at the CCA. I can't make it over there today, but I'm going tomorrow at 12:30 PM. Anyone want to join me?!

And is anyone going to be in the lab this weekend?! I've been going through my FCP user's guide and I think I've done my log and capture all wrong thus far...not wrong, necessarily, but not in the most organized fashion, which I'm afraid may come back to haunt me when i head to post in july.

Oh...good news. I contacted an old friend in Ft Worth yesterday and she agreed to produce a segment for my film! I've been struggling with the idea of what to do for additional subjects. I'll pick up one or two in California, but I really wanted to have subjects from different regions of the country, soooooo...i'm working with homeless organizations in the dallas/ft worth area to find a good "mobile homeless" subject. my friend, patti, will then go conduct the interview for me! i would LOVE to go home and do it myself, but time and money are limited at this point! anyhoo, patti is a dear friend and truly one of the most talented producers i know! catching up with her on a personal level was great (we spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone!), but working with her "professionally" is going to be even better!

is it obvious that i'm trying desperately to kill time at work?! work is for the birds!

and is anyone really going to read this?!

if so, let me know if anyone has access to the lab this weekend AND if anyone wants to go to the movies with me tomorrow!

xoxo

jen

No comments: